Re: No ethernet card with Olimex Lime 2

Hi

Thanks for your responses !

I tried your solutions, it still doesn't work.

From the beginning I use the instructions here :
http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/allwinner/#index1h2 and the
http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/nightly/u-boot-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi-mainline/u-boot-sunxi-mainline-latest/u-boot-sunxi-mainline-a20-olinuxino-lime.tar.xz U-boot
build.

When I boot, the uEnv.txt is not recognized since I have to enter manually the
command in the U-boot prompt, and the root=ld0a is not passed to the kernel
(it demands me what is the root partition).

After the first response, I tried the FEX script solution. Using the
instructions at http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/allwinner/#index6h1 I
downloaded the script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-boards/master/sys_config/a20/a20-olinuxino_lime2.fex and compile it with
fex2bin (on an amd64 Linux machine) and put it on the msdos partition on the
sdcard. Then I enter in the U-boot prompt :

setenv bootargs root=ld0a sysconfig=0x43000000
fatload mmc 0:1 43000000 a20-olinuxino_lime2.bin; fatload mmc 0:1 82000000
netbsd.ub; bootm 82000000

It boots without asking me for root partition but I have no ethernet :

# dmesg | grep awge
awge0 at awinio0: Gigabit Ethernet Controller
awge0: interrupting on irq 117
awge0: reset timed out
awge0 at awinio0: Gigabit Ethernet Controller
awge0: interrupting on irq 117
awge0: reset timed out

I think I'm doing something wrong in the process but I don't see where.
The system is compiled on a amd64 NetBSD-7 machine. The u-boot-sunxi-with-
spl.bin is written on the beagleboard.img, and the image is written on the
sdcard on amd64 Linux machine. Does it matter ?

Thanks again for your responses.
Picani