Re: RPi/RPi2 clarification

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM, William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
I see on http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/ it says Raspberry Pi & Pi2 to be part of NetBSD-7. It also says to use earmv6hf for both boards. I notice a gzimg for rpi under nerbsd-7/.../earmv6hf/.../gzimgs/. Does that earmv6hf image support SMP, i.e. multi-core CPU, since RPi2 is a quad core ? I noticed farther down it says that needs work .... Does it work at all, or just single core ? TIA & keep up the good work.

Nick Hudson reported, on March 7th, he added initial support for the RPi2. It only supports 1 CPU, though. Hopefully SMP for the RPi2 is just around the corner.

--
Rich