Re: SHEEVAPLUG cache options

On 2014/10/23 15:04, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:
Hi, all.

On 2014/10/18 19:22, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 05:11:37AM +0200, Zoran Kolic wrote:
I have sheevaplug also, not with netbsd.
How did you installed netbsd? On sd card? I noticed
that device became unstable, when the card was in.
The adapter went pretty hot, when I tried to do some-
thing to widen file system.

I have two GuruPlugs, from the first batch that did not come with a fan.
They were unusuable untill I installed the "professional upgrade pack",
which replaced a coil and added a fan (IIRC). After that, they were imediately
usable (before even the pre-installed Linux crashed randomly when sitting
idle). Unfortunately now they are not quiet any more.

For NetBSD I added a SD card with newer u-boot and load the netbsd.ub image
from a FAT partition on one of the devices, the other I boot via tftp.

Martin

  The original code to support Sheeve external L2 cahche was
written for netbsd-6. Our arm's cache related code has big
difference between netbsd-6 and -current.

  External L2 cache for Marvell Sheeva CPU is PIPT.
The cache controller has instructions using with both
VA and PA. Our original code for netbsd-6 use instructions
which use VA.

  The patch was merged into -current without resolving
the difference between netbsd-6 and -current

 Almost all differences were resolved but some are left.

, so I should  not work...

s/I/it/

Here is a patch for netbsd-6:

     http://www.netbsd.org/~msaitoh/sheeval2-n6.dif