Re: SHEEVAPLUG cache options

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 05:11:37AM +0200, Zoran Kolic wrote:
> I have sheevaplug also, not with netbsd.
> How did you installed netbsd? On sd card? I noticed
> that device became unstable, when the card was in.
> The adapter went pretty hot, when I tried to do some-
> thing to widen file system.

I have two GuruPlugs, from the first batch that did not come with a fan.
They were unusuable untill I installed the "professional upgrade pack",
which replaced a coil and added a fan (IIRC). After that, they were imediately
usable (before even the pre-installed Linux crashed randomly when sitting
idle). Unfortunately now they are not quiet any more.

For NetBSD I added a SD card with newer u-boot and load the netbsd.ub image
from a FAT partition on one of the devices, the other I boot via tftp.

Martin