Re: change secure level

> Either compile an insecure kernel, or configure a kernel with modules,
> or load the modules in single user mode, or cause them to autoload.

Every option you mention is correct. But...
Even small and simple compile on rpi takes almost
an hour. Imagine that for kernel. I might go and
be back from vacations.   :)

I put rpi remotely (aka behind the closet) and have
ssh connection to it. I assume no single mode then.
Autoload might be the best in this case, but I have
no step back if I misconfigure firewall. Do you have
something else on mind? "pf|npf=YES"?

What means to configure kernel with modules? Since
on arm there would be no boot.cfg, someone mentioned
cmdline.txt as fine place to put a line for module load.
After native text, something like:
  load=/stand/evbarm/7.99.1/modules/pf/pf.kmo
or alike. Would it boot if I fail to fit syntax?

I do have another nodes, but they are freebsd and
openbsd. Seems unlikely to cross compile on them.
Otherwise, I might buy usb ttl cable for serial.

I appreciate every answer I get to solve puzzles I
encounter so far. Also, it is great pleasure to
play with rpi and new OS.
Best regards all

                          Zoran