Re: Raspberry Pi B+ support status?

From: Zoran Kolic <zkolic%sbb.rs@localhost>
Subject: Re: Raspberry Pi B+ support status?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:01:08 +0200

> Do I have to wait for b+ for some reason? Also, I'm
> not fond of having graphics and plan to use sysinst
> to have just basics and some other things.

On current, B+ works fine,I use B+ and SSD to make packages.

> I plan to connect to it remotely and use it with ssh
> to do all kind of "jobs".

1. look at current install image

such as
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201408262100Z/evbarm-earmhf/binary/gzimg/rpi_inst.img.gz

is install image.

2. http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/

Check "Installation with sshramdisk image" section.
 .. After starting DHCP client, SSH login to with user "sysinst", and password
"netbsd".

> Is there a release plan for this port? I could live
> with current or any other option. What bothers me is
> the lack of apps I often use. Compiling on sd card

please put apps/package list If you can.

My status:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jun/raspberry-pi/earmhf/

On pkg_install.conf:
PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jun/raspberry-pi/earmhf/2014-09-20/

and pkg_add packagename .

If I have a trouble with package,
PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jun/raspberry-pi/earmhf/2014-OLDDAYS.../
and rollback package.

> seems a bit strange to me. I have no other netbsd
> node and plan to do my search/learn on rpi.
> If I forgot to give some info or the questions are
> not easy to understand, I will clear it out.
> Best regards

on /boot/cmdline.txt

root=ld0a console=fb

If you change ld0 to sd0,