Re: Raspberry Pi B+ support status?

From: Jean-Baka Domelevo Entfellner <domelevo%gmail.com@localhost>
Subject: Raspberry Pi B+ support status?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:42:39 +0200

> I'm impressed by the amount of work done by Jun Ebihara on the earmhf build
> (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2014/07/31/msg002547.html). Thank
> you, Jun!

Thanx!

> My first question comes right here: what does the earmhf branch brings that
> is added value in comparison with the "classic" evbarm, for Raspberry Pi
> users?

Simply benefits,More pkgsrc program can compile with earmhf.

> I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi, B+ model, and I wonder if it is
> supported by Jun's images. Jun, it seems you are actively working on your
> 2014-08-23 image for the OpenSourceConference in Shimane next weekend. Can
> you please give us an update about:
> - support or lack of support for some of the hardware in the B+ model,

Give me more hardware list to support.
My B+ with SSD start pkgsrc building to replace 6.99.39 Netwalker.

> - ready-made image 2014-08-23-netbsd-raspi.img.gz to come?

Well, now I'm on pkgadd and testing.
IMAGE=/usr/release/images/NetBSD-7.99.1-evbarm-earmhf-201408171810Z.iso
PKGSRC=pkgsrc-2014-08-16.tar.gz

my status:
https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/tree/master/RPI/RPIimage/Image

> - will there be an English translation (even shortened) of your manual to
> be found in Japanese there:
> https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/blob/master/Guide/RPI.rst ?

Many thanx for your kindly comments.I'll try to make it.

--
Jun Ebihara