Re: New RaspberryPI image to test

On 8/01/2013, at 10:07 AM, Nick Hudson <nick.hudson%gmx.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded a new RaspberryPI image to
>
>    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/skrll/rpi-20130107.img.gz
>
> This image is a netbsd-6 branch userland with an experimental kernel that
> gives several bits to play with.

Awesome. A while back I bought a video capture card for capturing video games
and it works great for NetBSD videos as well. The world's most boring Raspberry
Pi video is at http://youtu.be/Q6q16htgMSI. There's five seconds of black
screen to start with before I power on the Raspberry Pi, so don't worry when
you don't see anything at the start. The boot sequence is so fast that you need
those few seconds to let YouTube get up to speed and so you can fiddle with any
play back settings. The NetBSD console is only readable at 1920x1080, so you
may need to play the video full screen.

This also shows the bug where the SD card can't be accessed by NetBSD. The SD
card works fine with Raspbian and the firmware files worked with an older
NetBSD kernel.

Cheers,
Lloyd