Re: Dockstar configuration?

On 17 September 2012 03:34, Lloyd Parkes
<lloyd%must-have-coffee.gen.nz@localhost> wrote:

> On 17/09/2012, at 12:22 PM, Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Since
>> this is all evbarm stuff, the evbarm port maintainer would be the one
>> to maintain one more thing. It would be up to that person.
>
> I get the impression that there is too much diversity in the evbarm port (and
> probably in all the evb* ports) for a port maintainer to keep on top of all
> the hardware. I'm starting to wonder if there shouldn't be target maintainers
> that are responsible to the evb* port maintainers, who maintain the
> individual target board dependent source.
>
> Some people may be working like this already, but there seem to be a number
> of boards that look orphaned.

I think that would be a quite excellent idea.

People should never be shy about improving support for their hardware
- if in any doubt a "would anyone mind if I..." (or "would someone be
willing to ..." if you don't have commit access) usually goes down
well :)