Re: NMBCLUSTERS problem on a Dockstar (Sheevaplug)

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Sujit K M <sjt.kar%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/#mclpool-limit
>> Did you reboot after kernel compilation.

Ahh, yes to everything. I rebuilt the kernel so I would have to reboot
to use it.

That link is not relevant here since I tried setting the sysctl (in my
original email), and it's not possible to use gdb to patch the u-boot
kernel which lives on the FAT partition. And I already tried
hardcoding the NMBCLUSTERS option into the kernel config but it didn't
work, as I was saying.

I believe I'm hitting a maximum calculated value based on installed
memory, or something, which might be fixed or at least has probably
changed recently:

http://www.netbsd.org/changes/changes-6.0.html#network

The code around this seems to indicate that it's a calculated value
based on some hardware specific stuff, and I'm quickly out of skill
once it gets that far.

Andy