Re: mdsetimage and netbsd.bin

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Marcin M. Jessa <lists%yazzy.org@localhost>
wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 01:04 AM, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>
> I'm stunned but it turns out I can boot an ELF kernel anyway with:
Redboot has been booting elf kernels for years.
> RedBoot> load -v -b 0x200000 netbsd
> RedBoot> go -n 0x200000
>
> (using -v instead of -r)
Because -r means you are loading raw data. And -v is not necessary it
just displays a progress indicator/spinner.

For elf: lo -b 0x200000 netbsd
For bin: lo -r -b 0x200000 netbsd.bin
For bin.gz: lo -r -d -b 0x200000 netbsd.bin.gz

-r = raw or binary data
-d = decompress the data stream

>How would I make a netbsd.bin file off my ELF kernel?
Isn't netbsd.bin built already? The objcopy line is in
usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/conf/mk.ixdp425