mdsetimage and netbsd.bin

Hi guys.

I am trying to insert a small root file system to my netbsd kernel but I cannot suceed. It seems to be only working with the ELF kernels but not with the netbsd.bin ones. It's a known issue that Redboot is not able to boot NetBSD ELF kernels and in order to run NetBSD on the boards with Redboot one needs to boot off the netbsd.bin kernels.

Are there any work arounds or solutions to deal with this issue?
I am working with evbarm - IXDP425 and I am on NetBSD CURRENT.

Cheers,
Marcin