Re: question on binary emulation of linux on netbsd/arm ports

Havard Eidnes said on 11/01/09 01:08:
I have never seen the iPhone OS referred to as "Mac OS X" in Apple's materials. Any why would it be referred to as "Mac OS X"? It's *not* the Mac OS. It's the iPhone OS, and referred to by Apple as "OS X".

And that's not even just a little bit prone to cause confusion? :)

I've always thought of it as being like "ARM NetBSD" or "Alpha NetBSD".
In other words, the iPhone and the Mac are the hardware platforms, while
OS X is the operating system. I guess that's what Jason Thorpe was
trying to put across as well.

Regards,

- Håvard

Chris