Re: question on binary emulation of linux on netbsd/arm ports

On Jan 10, 2009, at 6:00 AM, Tonnerre Lombard wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:34:59 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
While there is not a "Mac OS X/arm" there is certainly an "OS
X/arm". It's the OS that runs on the iPhone / iPod Touch.

Oh dear. Actually, the OS is called MacOS an the version is 10, or "X"
in roman numbers. And MacOS for the iPhone is still MacOS.

I have never seen the iPhone OS referred to as "Mac OS X" in Apple's materials. Any why would it be referred to as "Mac OS X"? It's *not* the Mac OS. It's the iPhone OS, and referred to by Apple as "OS X". Take a look for yourself, at this photo of an iPhone OS banner at WWDC '08:

http://gizmodo.com/5013685/sneak-photos-of-wwdc-show-iphone-leopard-banners

But yes, no COMPAT_LINUX or COMPAT_DARWIN for arm I'm afraid. Though
even if there was, the Cocoa apps still wouldn't run.

COMPAT_LINUX for NetBSD/arm already exists.

-- thorpej