Re: pkg/40255: devel/liboil tries to use ARM FP instructions?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:13:58AM +0000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Any idea what's wrong with the cited PR? Should I disable vfp somehow?

#if 0 at the obvious places in liboil/arm/*vfp*[cS] makes it compile;
I'll tell you in a couple of days when the compilation has finished
whether gnash works with that.

A certain gentleman told me privately that using the generic coprocessor
opcodes instead would have worked, but this requires lots of ARM ARM
reading and editing, and - hopefully - the library won't try to actually
use the vfp routines on my Shark.

The assembler file holds some instructions with very specific
compiler flags to use; so probably the package just needs some work
on the Makefile.* in there to make it use the right flags.

        -is