Re: How to install NetBSD on NSLU2 (evbarm)?

In message: <479EA9E0.1010305%donhayford.com@localhost>
            Donald T Hayford <don%donhayford.com@localhost> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : Steve Woodford wrote:
: > : > Because of the nature of the device and the firmware distribution
: > : > issues, getting NetBSD onto an NSLU2 is non-trivial. Feel free to keep
: > : > asking questions here though if you decide to take the plunge!
: > : >
: >
: > FreeBSD also includes the firmware, by special permission from Intel.
: >
: Do you think it's possible that NetBSD could get the same permission
: from Intel?

I think it is possible.  I don't know, since I didn't set it up.

: Or is there a philosophical problem with how Intel licenses
: the software?  Also, Warner, I'm curious.  Why does FreeBSD license the
: software when they don't (as far as I can tell) support the device?

Because FreeBSD does support the device and the NetBSD driver is a
port from FreeBSD.

Warner