Re: How to install NetBSD on NSLU2 (evbarm)?

M. Warner Losh wrote:
: Steve Woodford wrote:
: > Because of the nature of the device and the firmware distribution : > issues, getting NetBSD onto an NSLU2 is non-trivial. Feel free to keep : > asking questions here though if you decide to take the plunge! : >
FreeBSD also includes the firmware, by special permission from Intel.
Do you think it's possible that NetBSD could get the same permission from Intel? Or is there a philosophical problem with how Intel licenses the software? Also, Warner, I'm curious. Why does FreeBSD license the software when they don't (as far as I can tell) support the device?

Thanks, Don