Re: PCI bus on Amiga (Was: Accessing > 256MB RAM on O2)

From: John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost>

> >  Well, if you stick to *PCI* rather than PCIe, EURO 120 for the
> >  4 slot Prometheus board, and then the challenge would be to
> >  drive four 256M PCI graphics cards...
> >  http://www.vwshop.it/?pci-expansions,8
> >
> >  (Class A drugs optional :)
>
> I have at least one 512 meg PCI card (they sell them at Staples). How many
> address bits are used for the Prometheus, I wonder? We need to get one of
> them into the hands of a NetBSD developer...

I wonder if you can effectively bank switch the cards via a smaller apperture...

Of course with a functional PCI bus there is always the option of wireless,
usb, and other devices :)

If there is someone with the time to write support for a Prometheus I'd be
happy to put something towards the cost...