Problems in newest netbsd-5 systems?

Hi,

I've been seeing problem on two of my Amigas. Both are '060s, and both are running netbsd-5 from within the last few weeks.

When trying to compile pkgsrc/devel/pcre, I get to a certain point, then I get an error:

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.      -O2 -MT pcrecpp_unittest.o -MD -MP -MF
.deps/pcrecpp_unittest.Tpo -c -o pcrecpp_unittest.o pcrecpp_unittest.cc
pcrecpp_unittest.cc: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
pcrecpp_unittest.cc:1276: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Misc/send-pr.html> for instructions.

What's interesting is that the compiler keeps chewing on CPU even after the error until it's manually killed:

17560 root      25    0    61M   52M RUN        6:16 96.04% 96.04% cc1plus

Has anyone else been able to compile devel/pcre lately? What might've changed in the toolchain to introduce this problem? I see that the amount of memory (61 megs) is awfully close to our resource limit (64 megs)...

Manually changing -O2 to -Os allows the compiling to complete, but -O fails, too.

Any ideas?

John Klos