Re: amidisplay: not a console?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:22:48PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:34:54AM +0200, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> >   I added amidisplaycc as dependencies for my testing. After I realized
> >   that I need one of GRF_#? CC option flags, I got it working. However,
> >   I seem to have understanding problems with eg. selection a resolution
> >   or another virtual console (is that supported)?
>
> I don't remember. Ask the author.

  Ok, I took another look. Since I never used wscons before rc.d/wscons
  wasn't run since its disabled by default. I enabled it in /etc/rc.conf
  and turned the wsons ttys on in /etc/ttys. I didn't activate ttyE0 because
  I think that would conflict with the console entry, wouldn't it? That
  gives multiple ttys where I can login. Switching is done either with
  L-Amiga or LALT-CTRL + function key. One surprising feature is the german
  keyboard encoding: switching to de (either manually or through
  /etc/wscons.conf) gives a german PC layout ;-) Having wscons for other
  /dev/grf? would be nice, hm.

  When I compiled a minimal wscons kernel I noticed that config activated
  NTSC despite the fact that I only have GRF_PAL in my config file. What
  is going on here?

  Gunther