Re: 1.6 and /dev/reload

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:35:31PM -0700, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> > I have used /dev/reload on pre-1.6 from time to time
>
> I've thought about seeing if I could change it to work with ELF kernels.

  I modified kernel_reload_write() to handle ELF kernels and now I have
  a functional /dev/reload again. I removed the aout stuff since it does
  not make any sense on an ELF system, IMO.
  The new code isn't finished yet, some tweaks are still to be done. I
  would like to get rid of the chipmem requirement. Is this possible?
  Another thought is, to only allow reboot if the machine is in single
  user mode.

  Gunther