Re: 1.6 and /dev/reload

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 10:52:07AM +0900, HAMAJIMA Katsuomi wrote:
>> Cannot kloader port to amiga (and other m68k)? kloader is
>>    cpu_reboot() -> load new kernel(/netbsd) if possible -> jump new kernel
>> I do not know why it is put in MD.
>
> usually, because you need some tricks to shuffle the kernel code around.
> Also, for some architectures, you _must_ go through the firmware, because
> you need its services in the running kernel anyway, and you can use it for
> booting NetBSD just fine.

I am weak in English, I cannot comment well, sorry.

the first idea of kloader, Windows CE does boot when I do reboot of
NetBSD on hpc*. but Windows CE cannot execute kernel loader
automatically.

code of hpcmips/* and hpcsh/* is MD. but hpc/* is MI. and as for
playstation2/*, most of are same as hpc/*.