Re: Red screen with A3000

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 02:05:00PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (25-Nov-01 22:26:42):
>
> > the meaning of the red screen is ROM (kickstart) checksum error -
> > do you boot a kickstart from disk at some point?
>
> I map the ROM during startup via the CSPPC startup menu. But this
> worked also before. I didn't change anything regarding startup
> settings. I tried it right now again and again I get the red screen.
>
> The backup as well as the restore was confirmed via a compare.
> No errors occurred.

Only error I can think of at this point: somehow the cylinder size was
different between backup and restore, and the ROM doesn't correctly find
the NetBSD bootblock when booting.

> I even restored the backups from October and September. Still a red
> screen. The restore used to work perfectly before I smashed the RDB.

Well, the error looks _very_ fishy, because normally it does only occur
during early startup...

> Is there nothing saved anywhere on the disk (RDB) which is required by
> NetBSD and not backked up during a normal image backup using Diavolo?

Hm. One thing that comes into my mind: the ROM might try to prepare to
AmigaOS-mount the NetBSD filesystems (as you have given the mount flag),
but you don't have any FSHD (and, consequently, visible LSEG) in your RDB.

Please install bffs-1.5 into your RDB for both NBR\7 and NBU\7.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis