Re: Red screen with A3000

Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (25-Nov-01 22:26:42):

> the meaning of the red screen is ROM (kickstart) checksum error -
> do you boot a kickstart from disk at some point?

I map the ROM during startup via the CSPPC startup menu. But this
worked also before. I didn't change anything regarding startup
settings. I tried it right now again and again I get the red screen.

The backup as well as the restore was confirmed via a compare.
No errors occurred.

I even restored the backups from October and September. Still a red
screen. The restore used to work perfectly before I smashed the RDB.

Is there nothing saved anywhere on the disk (RDB) which is required by
NetBSD and not backked up during a normal image backup using Diavolo?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%geohei.lu@localhost

... all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal ...