Re: /etc/mk.conf (was newbie pkg question)

Quoting John (04-May-01 16:56:32):

[...]

>> What's a good benchmark to check the performance?

> I built the entire source tree from scratch with 68060
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                     all pkg applications?
                     That can't be ?!?!

What do you mean by "entire source tree"?

> optimisations, then did it again to see how much faster it was (the
> second time around the
> 68060 optimised compilers and tools were used).

> I don't remember the exact numbewrs, but I went from 18 hours for
> the whole source tree to 17 hours. Well, it's something!

So once, you compiled something without optimization, and once you did
it with optimization, right? 1 hour ... well, it's better than
nothing.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%geohei.lu@localhost

... Orville Wright didn't have a pilot's license ...