Re: problems after install

Amigauser,

> 3) I need to know if there is a way to make the NetBSD
> screen take up the entire monitor. Right now it only
> uses the right side of the screen. (I think under
> Amiga O/S I am using 740x480?) Plus I would like to
> be able to make the text bigger. (It is really hard
> for me to see)

For the console use 'iteconfig' program with -w (width) option.
See if it can enlarge your screen to 740 pixels.

You can use 11-pixel-high fonts, but you'll need to recompile the
kernel.
If you need an info about how to do that, e-mail me. :)

> 4) I have read some of the Achive of the port-Amiga mailing
> list, and I would like to be able to build an optimized
> kernel for an 060. (Plus compile the web server)
> What version of C do I need to use to do this?

The kernel should already be optimized for 68060.  If you want binaries
and/or packages to be well-optimized, add either to /etc/mk.conf

CFLAGS+=-O2 -m68020-60
COPTS+=-m68020-60
or
CFLAGS+=-O2 -m68060
COPTS+=-m68060

(if I rememeber correctly)

> 5) I think that I am looking for a consultant to help me
> though some of this. I would really like to get the
> web server running within a week or so.

Quick help what to install:
        - NetBSD (the lastest the better)
        - Apache package (either from binaries or source code)
        BUT: try NOT TO compile Apache by hand, use NetBSD packages system

        kind regards

                - Adam