Encryption question

Slightly off topic, but you all seem to be worldly people:

My new server, erika.sixgirls.org, is running great (NetBSD 1.4.2, all
68060 optimised binaries, thanks!), but what's different from the old
server is that I've disabled the telnet daemon and insist that everyone
use ssh.

I don't care too much about people downloading NiftyTelnet SSH (Mac ssh
client) in the US, even though it is supposedly illegal, since people
doing this for private use is probably never going to be enforced. But I
have some users in France, where, I've heard, most if not all encryption
software is illegal.

Does anyone know specifically what users are and are not allowed to use in
France? Is ssh out for France?

Thanks,
John Klos