PicassoIV and 16-bit screenmodes.

Hi!

I just subscribed this mailing list, because I want to know when it will
be possible to use 16-bit modes in X with NetBSD using PicassoIV
graphicscard.

If I have understand correctly, NetBSD kernel already support 16- and
24-bit modes but X Window system does not. Also I have heard that XFree86
version 4.0 will fix this problem. If this makes sense to you, do know if
there is already a effort going on to port new XFree86 v4.0 to NetBSD?
Or is that X11R6.4 which has the needed support?

Best regards
Petri Koistinen

P.S: I wish to thank all you hard working NetBSD people out there, I have
been using only for few weeks and I have enjoy it a lot.