Re: adosfs (Was: panic: locking...)

In article <199904151818.UAA02066%pulstar.albedo.com.pl@localhost>,
        Adam Ciarcinski <adam%pulstar.albedo.com.pl@localhost> writes:
> I just wonder if someone is going to make adosfs writable?

AFAIK noone is working on that issue.

> If not... could somebody give me a hint how to do it myself
> (how filesystems are attached to the kernel, or sth like that)?

The ADOSFS is already in the kernel, no need to reinvent it. You only
need to add the missing operations for create, rename, delete etc..

You might have a look at other filesystems (e.g. FFS or MSDOFS) or try
to get your hands on Addison Wesley's BSD 4.4 book:

The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System

(ISBN 0-201-54979-4)

        Regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/