PPPD

hello,
i am still having rpoblems with my pppd connection. I have a working chat
script and the modem dials and does connect. but after a while pppd tell me
that i dont have an 8-bit clean serial line and that all 7 bits returned 0..
I'm not completely sure what this means. I did try to turn on no parity in the
/etc/gettytab and fixed the reference in /etc/ttys hope you can help.

Ben

A3000, 2.1GB HD, 2MB RAM, EGS-Spectrum, 14.4kpbs Modem, GENERIC Kernel