Re: Optimized Kernel and multiple screens.

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an Amiga 3000 with 16MB RAM, 2.1GB HD, EGS-Spectrum Card, 14.4kbps
> Modem.
> I would like to know how and what i should to to optimize the kernel (compile
> a cutom kernel) for my system. I am not sure what would make the kernel faster
> and smaller that i do not need on my system. I am also not clear on how to
> compile the cutomized kernel. I have already downloaded the sys source.

        Have you read:
        http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html

> My second question is about a second screen on my display for X. As in two
> screens (grf3 and grf0) on the same display (one keyboard and one mouse) I did
> read something in as book about there being that possibilty but did not go
> into details. how would it work? would you need two win managers running at
> the same time? could i use the grf0 screen as the a and the other as display?
> they would obviously need different grfconfig settings and such...

        I'm not sure about this one - on my NetBSD/sparc box I usually run
        the same windowmanager on both screens, though you can run one
        windowmanager per display.

                David/absolute

                 -=-  "You can have my absence of faith"  -=-