Dial-in Modem

I am trying to configure a dial in PPP modem. I am using a modem based on
the Rockwell 56Kflex standard.
I have had a go and looked at some FAQs and "how-to's" but have had no
luck.
My ttys setting is:

ttyAm1  "/usr/libexec/getty ppp57600"   dialup  off insecure

My gettytab setting is:

ppp57600:\
        :sp#57600:pf#3:im=\r\n%s/%m PPP Login on %h\r\n\r\n:

Basically, setting speed serial port speed to 57600 and a custom PPP login
message.

I am setting the modem to perform auto answer with the following chat
script:

ABORT 'BUSY'
ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
ABORT 'ERROR'
'' ATZ
OK ATM1
OK ATL2
OK AT&Q4
OK AT&D0
OK ATS0=3
OK ATS95=47
OK ''

My problem is that when I dial in I get garbage. The modem is
auto-answering and all that. I have read that this is due to NetBSD and the
modem talking at different baud rates.
I have looked at my modem settings and cannot find a "fixed DTE to modem
speed setting". A FAQ I looked at said that at&b1 does this. My modem does
no support this AT.

getty is talking at 57600 but the modem is talking at whatever the incoming
modem connected at (I think) and thus outputing garbage to the screen.
Is this right?

Has anyone got any suggestions?
Does anyone have any sample files?
I am suspicous of my modem settings.

          _   _
         ( \-/ )_.-'"``-._                  "My Cat, Wolfy"
        =(v_,)=  _  )--\\  ``-'      astaude%silas.cc.monash.edu.au@localhost
        _.- _..-_/ / ((_/                   (Anthony Staude)