Re: Need help setting up Netbsd 1.2.1

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> > Hi, I think I've got everything I can as far as following the install doc,
> > but there still seems to be some things not there. Am I supposed to have an
> > adduser command? What do I use to dial out with ppp? I was using linux m68k
> > but
> > would like to switch over because I have a PicassOIV and have heard netbsd
> > is
> > getting support for it. Is there an xwindows setup available for netbsd?
> > Where
> > do I get it, and is there a PicassoIV driver for that? Thanks.
> [...]
>  The graphics driver is certainly not in the X11 distribution, but  in the
> kernel. No, no support for Picasso IV at the moment.

I'm using a A3000/CS060 with NetBSD 1.2 and a Picasso IV.
PicassoIV support for NetBSD1.2 has been added by the patch kit
from Bernd Ernesti <veego%NetBSD.ORG@localhost>:

joerg @ blechkasten> cat ./incoming/PicassoIV-MerlinZorroIII-source2.readme
Descr: 2nd Source for PicassoIV and Merlin (fixed ZorroIII) support
Uploader: Bernd Ernesti <veego%NetBSD.ORG@localhost>

 - PicassoIV support
 - Merlin works now in ZorroIII mode
 - Fixes for Interlace and DoubleScan.
 - Memorysizedetction for 1MB Bords (Picasso2, Spectrum, ...)
 - Clockdoubling for PicassoIV and PiccoloSD64
   NOTE: Don't use the X11R6.1 Xserver with -useHWC on the SD64
         with a gfxmode >80Mhz or you get a broken mousepointer.
 - HiColor and TrueColor Support
   (doesn't work yet, since it needs some fixes for the XServer)

This source is for NetBSD 1.2.

Changes for the second PicassoIV and Merlin source:
 - The PicassoIV color problem is fixed (missing include file).

Bernd

joerg @ blechkasten>

The file are named are PicassoIV-MerlinZorroIII-source2.readme
and PicassoIV-MerlinZorroIII-source2.tgz. Either in 'incoming' or
in 'experimental' on the NetBSD-Amiga mirrors.

  Joerg
--
Mail: Joerg.Lehners%arbi.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE@localhost
Real: Joerg Lehners, FB 10 Informatik ARBI, Uni Oldenburg, D-26111 Oldenburg