Re: Need help setting up Netbsd 1.2.1

On Thu Jun 26 06:36:46 1997, Markus Illenseer wrote:

> > Hi, I think I've got everything I can as far as following the install doc,
> > but there still seems to be some things not there. Am I supposed to have an
> > adduser command? What do I use to dial out with ppp? I was using linux m68k
> > but
> > would like to switch over because I have a PicassOIV and have heard netbsd
> > is
> > getting support for it. Is there an xwindows setup available for netbsd?
> > Where
> > do I get it, and is there a PicassoIV driver for that? Thanks.
>
>  YFI: NetBSD/Amiga main site is: ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/
>
>  NetBSD does not have an "adduser"-command. You can get a perl-script
> from Regensburg which does the same.
>
>  You use "pppd" in combination with "chat" to dial out. Read the Networking
> FAQ avail on Regensburg.
>
>  X11R6.1 is avail on Regensburg, as well as a X11 FAQ for NetBSD/Amiga
>
>  The graphics driver is certainly not in the X11 distribution, but  in the
> kernel. No, no support for Picasso IV at the moment.

WRONG. We have in NetBSD-current the Picasso IV support since 5th March 1997.
And there are diffs on Regensburg to build a kernel and there is also a 1.2
kernel on Regensburg. A 1.2.1 kernel with Picasso IV support will appear
on ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/incoming/ in the next days.

Bernd