Re: "reboot" on A3000 ?

The Problem is that

a) the WD33C93 chips cannot reset the scsi bus themselves.

b) the stupid adapters using this chip on Amiga dont have extra
hardware to do this, other than the global cpu RESET line.

c) sync state, after having been negotiated, will persist on any
device, till renegotiation, or the global SCSI bus reset condition.

d) if you leave a disk running sync, and try to access it async, you
will be hung forever waiting for its first ack pulse.

e) If the Amiga ROM can't proberly handle the disks bug in sync
negotiation, it might fail to negotiate sync again. Or, if you told
the RDB block or AmigaOS to never negotiate sync, it won't do it at all.

Now, while this would appear on the NetBSD->Amiga boot, I don't
understand. Maybe some part of the boot code was f*cked up when I
added DraCo reboot support. I'll try to remember to look at this,
sometime around the weekend.

Regards,
        Ignatios