Re: "reboot" on A3000 ?

In some mail I received from Wolfgang Kutscherauer, sie wrote

> Darren Reed wrote:
> >
> > Sorry if I confused people, but I meant the "yellow drive light" goes on
> > (non-blinking), C-A-A "resets" it, but returns to the same status, and
> > it stays hung there.  The screen color is white or a very light shade of
> > gray.
> >
> > Darren
[...]
> This are the mistakes i have made or seen in the past with SCSI-drives
> ;-)
>
> In every case your SCSI-bus hangs and i wish You will have much luck to
> debug your machine.

It turns out to be SCSI sync problems (when I meant gray, I meant a very
light shade, close enough to be white, but what do you have for reference
in that kind of situation ?).  Booting with "gobsd nosync 01 multiuser unit 1"
allowed the reboot to work properly.

I guess what I'm prompted to ask next is (naively) why doesn't/can't NetBSD
work out that this is going to happen ?

Darren