Re: "reboot" on A3000 ?

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Darren Reed wrote:

> Sorry if I confused people, but I meant the "yellow drive light" goes on
> (non-blinking), C-A-A "resets" it, but returns to the same status, and
> it stays hung there.  The screen color is white or a very light shade of
> gray.
>
> Darren

Ahh, but a light grey screen is also one of the "colored" traps of the ilk
we were discussing earlier.  When I have the time in the evenings to dig
some old notes out, I come back with a more concise description of the
problem.  Hang in there!

Essentially, the problem is the same: the system is in a state that cannot
handle the Amiga's boot ROMs to continue for some reason, and the color is
indicative of the reason.  If I remember right, and this is not to be
taken as authoritative, but yellow means the MMU is active, green means
memory test problems, red means custom chipset problems, but I forgot what
grey means.  There is a blue one too that I forget about also.

Bruce Drake
Synectics, Inc.
(919) 872-1275 USA