Re: problems booting from hard drive

On 7/31/2011 6:43 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Hmm, I think I saw something similar in a series of reinstalls I recently
> did, but wasn't sure it was pilot error or some other changes I did (I did
> change the SATA mode to ahci sometime in between).
>
> However, random thinks to try after booting from cd:
>
>  - check fdisk wd0 output

shows NetBSD for partition 0 and the others (1-3) unused.  For partition
0, it says

  start 63, size 976773105 (476940 MB, Cyls 0-60801/80/63), Active

>  - mount wd0a and copy usr/mdec/boot there
I also ran a diff and /boot on the CD, /boot on the hard drive and
/usr/mdec/boot are identical in all 4 places.

>  - re-run installboot manually

did

installboot -v -o timeout=20 /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1

still have the same issue.  I wonder if there is any sort of bios issue.
 Looks like AMIBIOS Version 08.00.10

> In any case: please file a PR.
will do