Port-alpha archive

Re: Netbooting a machine w/ a disk

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:42:49PM -0600, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:22 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> Only weird thing that I've noticed is that once I'm in NetBSD, if I
> reboot/halt back to SRM and try to boot again, BOOTP just sits there
> and times out, almost like network connectivity isn't working.  But if
> I 'init', it works again.  Very strange..

Looks like a problem i already encountered (PR/40077) ... I cannot
reboot/halt because pmf_system_shutdown() has disabled the PCI bus
that hold the disks.

Can you try commenting `pmf_system_shutdown()' call in cpu_reboot()
from sys/arch/alpha/alpha/machdep.c and check if that make it work
better.

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Joly