Port-alpha archive

Re: looking for a server

On Apr 3, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Miles Nordin wrote:

I have a SCSI CD burner, too, a good Yamaha one that I found abandoned
in my building's hallway.  I brought a SCSI card to work and used a
Windows machine to update its firmware, and took it apart to blow
stray dust out of it with an air compressor.  I appreciate this stuff
too, okay?  but then it broke, so I plugged a modern <$100 DVD burner
into a sparc64 box where IDE is working.

What's wrong with IDE on the Alpha port?

-- thorpej