Re: Dependencies on www/zope3

You may a lot of good points.  But I think we should try to decouple
"this package messes up the bulk build" from "we'd be better off if
these bits were removed".

I usually find it's easier to start from something that almost works,
and a dangling dependency usually means one has to package that
dependency, or find where it went.  Typically upstreams just add code
and dependencies, and structural changes are not so big.

If bulk builds won't start becuase there is a package with a dangling
dependency, then that sounds like a bug.  I don't know if adding
  BROKEN=depends on zope3 which has been removed
would avoid the breakage, or if dropping it from wip/Makefile would
suffice.

I don't mean to suggest that a packag shouldn't be removed if it would
be reasonable to remove it based on understanding the package's
situation, including health of upstream, whether the package could
reasonably be fixed, etc.  (Your including pango caused me to think that
at least there was one package that really should be kept.)

I'm not as up on bulk builds as I should be.  Do you mean old-style
bulk, pbulk, or distbb, and what happens when there is a package with an
unresolved dependency?