Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 6.0/x86_64 2013-06-05 09:18

Lloyd Parkes <lloyd%must-have-coffee.gen.nz@localhost> writes:

> On 10/06/2013, at 3:12 PM, OBATA Akio
> <obache%users.sourceforge.net@localhost> wrote:

>> Packages should have {CVS,SVN,GIT,HG}_TAG, or such packages are not
>> for regular usage.
>> Another solution is `set CHECKOUT_DATE at the date of starting bulk build'.

> So I read the code in git-package.mk and maybe I can make a useful
> suggestion this time.
>
> Surely the build of a package from Git should remember it's
> _GIT_TAG_FLAG.${repo} or similar? After all, you always want to
> install the version of the package you've just built and you always
> want to build the version of the package that you've just
> extracted. Nobody should have to remember when midnight occurs in
> someone else's timezone, which is the current situation. If this
> information is cached in ${WRKDIR} then it'll be erased with
> everything else by "make clean".

I'll make a stronger suggestion: every package using ${vcs}-package.mk
should bind to a particlur source version, via a svn revision, git tag
or sha1, or cvs -D, or something like that.

But I realize there are probably a few packages that want to get the
latest every day, and for those I agree with Lloyd,  Plus, they should
have the date in the binary package version.