Re: Registering Perl files in pkgsrc

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:39:11 +0900, Francois Tigeot
<ftigeot%wolfpond.org@localhost> wrote:

>>> A small exemple:
>>>     work/.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.0/Munin/Node/Config.pm
>>>
>>> This file location depends on the version of Perl used. How can I encode
>>> that in PLIST ?
>>
>> ${PERL5_SITELIB}/Munin/Node/Config.pm
>> (see lang/perl5/dirs.mk and The pkgsrc guide 19.6.6.)
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work as expected:

Bad news :(
(documents or implementation must be fixed)

>> IMO, installed files from pkgsrc should be in vendor_perl so that
>> files will not be overwritten by manually installed files.
>
> I didn't choose this; this is the default behavior of the software

CPAN modules are also installed to site_perl with default behavior.
We are providing packages as a vendor.

>>> Recently, I have only been able to find references to Perl modules in
>>> the pkgsrc guide.
>>> Is it impossible to manage .pm files which are not modules in the
>>> strictest sense ?
>>
>> Installing files in site_perl means this package will install perl modules
>> TOO,
>> so Perl modules in the guide is also usable for this kind of packages.
>
> I'm afraid not: this software is special and doesn't use real Perl
> modules; it creates and installs .pm files by itself.
> I managed to convert a small part of Munin to a real module
> (wip/munin-common) but if possible I'd like to avoid this for the other
> munin-* packages.

I just said that "*.pm are perl modules".

I would suggest that packages are changed to use vendor_perl,
and use ${PERL5_SUB_INSTALLVENDORLIB} in the PLIST.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%users.sourceforge.net@localhost