Re: Registering Perl files in pkgsrc

Hi,

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:20:56 +0900, Francois Tigeot
<ftigeot%wolfpond.org@localhost> wrote:

> I have some trouble with the wip/munin-* packages

Updating packages? or current one?

> They need to install files in the site_perl subdirectory and do it
> without problem on the DESTDIR directory. The problem is I can't get
> them to be properly registered in pkgsrc.
>
> A small exemple:
>    work/.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.0/Munin/Node/Config.pm
>
> This file location depends on the version of Perl used. How can I encode
> that in PLIST ?

${PERL5_SITELIB}/Munin/Node/Config.pm
(see lang/perl5/dirs.mk and The pkgsrc guide 19.6.6.)

IMO, installed files from pkgsrc should be in vendor_perl so that
files will not be overwritten by manually installed files.

> Recently, I have only been able to find references to Perl modules in
> the pkgsrc guide.
> Is it impossible to manage .pm files which are not modules in the
> strictest sense ?

Installing files in site_perl means this package will install perl modules TOO,
so Perl modules in the guide is also usable for this kind of packages.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%users.sourceforge.net@localhost