Re: cvs->git?

On 04/08/2010 15:22, Jan Šmydke wrote:

 5.  What could git bring to pkgsrc-wip?

 The speed of any operation!

 Storage efficiency.

 It is perhaps the most widely used system nowadays (outside NetBSD) so
 many people are already acustomed with that (and can start
 contributing at once).

 I don't see why an ordinary OS-user who just wants to submit a patch to
 pkgsrc-wip has to bother with another account.

In fact, Sourceforge needs a sourceforge account to commit, even for git
(yes, I tried git 2 or 3 month ago on Sourceforge...), so if Sourceforge
continue to keep pkgsrc-wip's repo, we will have to follow their rules,
and I don't know why quit this forge, so going to git will change nothing...

Cordially,
Erin