Where do packages go when they die?

All,

what is the general policy for old (as in: smelly) packages in pkgsrc-wip?

I am thinking about "cvs remove"ing wip/l2tpd, since the upstream project
is dead, and I haven't used the package for something like five years.
OTOH, it might be useful for _somebody_, you never know... wip is different
from mainstream pkgsrc in that way.

Comments?

        hauke