no CVS dirs in /usr/pkgsrc/wip with csup

Hi,
I've got my pkgsrc-wip by csup and also updating it with csup. There are no CVS directories in /usr/pkgsrc/wip so I cannot use commit approaches correctly as described on pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net.
Is there a way to solve that without checking out the whole wip tree by cvs?
I also update /usr/pkgsrc with csup and there are CVS directories there.