Re: Moving wip to Subversion

Well, I personally don't like subversion, but that's not the point.

What exactly are the benefits you expect to have from moving to subversion? Easier directory checkin? Well, the additional "load" cvs puts on committers here can easily be handled by anyone I think :)

I think forcing pkgsrc-wip users to install the svn tools is not that nice, especially if you want to use it on a slow platform (try to compile subversion's dependency list on amiga for example).

CVS did for the previous fivteen years and for me it'll also do for the next.

-Florian