pkgsrc-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: x11/xscreensaver 2026Q1 locks and no login
Umm,
I am returning to this issue because I have encountered the same
problem several times. Last Saturday, I experienced the same problem
again and filed PR #60802 about it. On Sunday, the problem
mysteriously disappeared.
I am going to take a shot in the dark here. Looking at the latest
messages on the list, I noticed that the problem occurred on Saturday
and then seemed to fix itself on Sunday, which is driving me crazy.
In Spanish, Saturday is "Sábado" and Sunday is "Domingo". These days
appear on the xscreensaver login screen as "Sáb" and "Dom". Could the
accented character in "Sáb" somehow be causing the malfunction? Could
this be a locale-related problem?
The problem could potentially occur again on Wednesday, which is
"miércoles" in Spanish.
Today is Monday and everything is working fine. I will keep an eye on
it throughout the week.
Regards,
Ramiro
El dom, 5 jul 2026 a las 16:21, Ramiro Aceves (<ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost>) escribió:
>
>
>
> El 28/6/26 a las 17:32, Ramiro Aceves escribió:
> >
> >
> > El 28/6/26 a las 15:31, Ramiro Aceves escribió:
> >>
> >>
> >> El 28/6/26 a las 14:44, John McCue escribió:
> >>> On Sat, Jun 27, 2026 at 10:50:17PM +0200, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
> >>>> Hello,
> >>>>
> >>>> pkgsrc 2026Q1 binaries.
> >>>>
> >>>> netbsd-nuc$ pkgin se xscreensaver
> >>>> xscreensaver-6.14nb1 = Screen saver and locker for the X window system
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> netbsd-nuc# uname -a
> >>>> NetBSD netbsd-nuc.home 11.0_RC5 NetBSD 11.0_RC5 (GENERIC)
> >>>> #0: Tue Jun 16 15:48:07 UTC 2026
> >>>> mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
> >>>> amd64
> >>>>
> >>>> netbsd-nuc$ xscreensaver &
> >>>> [1] 12339
> >>>> netbsd-nuc$ error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is invalid or not set in
> >>>> the environment.
> >>>
> >>> I think you need to set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR when using xfce, also
> >>> I thought that was set somehow via dbus. On my system (NetBSD
> >>> 11.0 RC5), XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is set to /tmp or the value of
> >>> $TMPDIR.
> >>>
> >>> Do you have "dbus=YES" in /etc/rc.conf ?
> >>>
> >>> How does xscreensaver run when using ctwm ?
> >>>
> >>> ...
> >>> ...
> >>> ...
> >>>
> >>>> Thanks.
> >>>> Ramiro.
> >>>
> >>> HTH
> >>
> >> Hello Jhon
> >>
> >> netbsd-nuc# cat /etc/rc.conf|grep bus
> >> dbus=YES
> >>
> >> When it failed yesterday I also tested it in CTWM under a fresh new user and failed.
> >>
> >> But now it is working fine even though the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR error is shown. I notice
> >> that when running "xscreensaver &" it does not show the usual splash screen (usually I used to issue --no-spash parameter to avoid that).
> >> I do not understand. I do not know why sometimes works and sometimes does not.
> >>
> >> I will continue testing.
> >>
> >> Ramiro.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Complete nonsense, now in my Thinkpad x260 it also works and I am sure that yesterday it failed.
> >
> >
>
> After several days of using them, the xscreensaver problem did not return in both amd64 computers.
> It is working fine.
> Regards.
>
>
> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index