Re: Disappearing packages from wip : what is the policy

Am 17.09.2024 um 15:41 schrieb Robert Swindells:

> One example of a wip package that has been deleted is freecad,
>
> This seems to have been done as part of a bulk cleanup:
>
>     "remove packages with outdated distinfo files"
>
> The freecad package has sources on github so could have been updated
> to pass the distinfo check, it also has a listed maintainer.

You're right, it _could_ have been updated, but nobody did that in the
past few years.

When I ran "bmake mdi" in the package directory, I got:
> bmake: "/home/rillig/proj/pkgsrc/wip/freecad/Makefile" line 59:
> Could not find ../../wip/soqt/buildlink3.mk

wip/soqt was removed from pkgsrc-wip in 2022, and since then, apparently
nobody cared enough to fix wip/freecad.

Roland